Sunday, June 23, 2024

Soaring the middletown

 it was my 15th flight yesterday. I made a sound decision for asking to fly circuit with my instructor because after the two flights, bad weather almost there and arrived in less than 30 mins. 

All flying activities cut off at 1:30PM. 

More bad luck was that I forgot to turn on the GPS watch in my first flight and the second flight was not recorded properly too. No flight tracking yesterday at all........That means I need to fly more in order to track more patterns. yeah!

My first circuit - take off stick position too back and nose rose and the glider lifted the ground early and moved higher than the tow plane a little bit. otherwise, take off is fine. Landing - speed control need improvement. Time to start building the sense of too high too low and start to use the airbreak to correct it as soon as before the base turn. kill height at base and final still be possible. but, at final, reference point should be already well chosen and fixed. Need more practice to master it. Plus, the flare of the second flight was too late, I was not very clear about what was the right timing. Let me pay attention to it next time.


bewildered......The others in the middle of the desert watched her crying grow very loud as her face squeezed itself out of shape. They sat, not touching her, bewildered with her display....quoted from the book Fahrenheit 451. 

I like that scene that Mrs. Phleps cried after hearing Montag cited the poem called "the sea of faith".  Ray Bradbury's writing was just very imaginative but at the same time made all things so real. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Soaring the middletown

 it was my 15th flight yesterday. I made a sound decision for asking to fly circuit with my instructor because after the two flights, bad we...